- Approx. Length of 3.5lb Coil (Imperial): 335.93 feet
- Approx. Length of 3.5lb Coil (Metric): 102.39 meters
- Approx. Length of 5lb Coil (Imperial):479.9 feet
- Approx. Length of 5lb Coil (Metric):146.27 meters
- Approx. Length of 50lb Coil (Imperial): 4,799 feet
- Approx. Length of 50lb Coil (Metric): 1,463 meters
- Approx. Length of 100lb Coil (Imperial): 9,598 feet
- Approx. Length of 100lb Coil (Metric): 2,925 meters
- Diameter of 16-Gauge Wire (Imperial): 0.063 inches
- Diameter of 16-Gauge Wire (Metric): 1.588 mm
Made in USA 16-Gauge Galvanized Rebar Tie Wire Available
Need to purchase American-made tie wire? Our domestic 16 gauge is certified to meet Buy America Act (BAA) and Infastructure Bill requirements. Be sure to select one of the certified domestic (Made in USA) 16-Gauge Galvanized Rebar Tie Wire options by choosing a size that includes "(USA)" in the title.
Our 16-gauge galvanized rebar tie wire is sold by the box, with each box containing twenty 3.5lb tie wire coils, ten 5lb coils, one 50lb coil, or one 100lb coil (select your preferred size above). Gauge: 16. Domestic-certified American-made product is now available in 16 gauge! To purchase our certified product, please be sure to choose a size with “(USA)” in the title. The American origin product will typically cost slightly more than an “imported” version of the same item due to increased labor costs.
Durable 16 Gauge Wire, Galvanized with Zinc
Galvanized wire is a cut above the competition, protected by a zinc coating. During the galvanization process this wire is given a consistent thin coat to make it resistant to rust and ensure a long usable life. The zinc coating on this type of wire will rust and corrode while the steel inside that coating is protected and isolated from the moisture, salt exposure, concrete, and any other environmental factor that could impair it.
How Galvanization Works
Manufacturers and galvanizing plants use different approaches such a pre-galvanizing, hot dipping, and electro-galvanizing. In addition to steel wire, other types of metal such as iron may be galvanized as well.